E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, is pleased to announce the delivery of two E-ONE HR 100 aerials for the Ottawa Fire Department in Canada.
These two single axle ladders are the first of an order for eight new aerials for Ottawa consisting of six ladders and two platforms. From their ergonomic cab steps to the standpipe connection at the tip of the aerial, these trucks are loaded with innovative features requested by the department to meet its specific needs.
Key features of Ottawa’s E-ONE HR 100 aerials include:
- 100’ extruded aluminum aerial with pinnable waterway to tip and 750 lb tip load
- Narrow crisscross under-slung outriggers with only 11′ spread
- Short heavy duty “city” bumper with tapered ends to increase maneuverability
- 45-degree rear corner steps to reduce tailswing
- Rugged E-ONE Cyclone® cab with roll-cage design, occupant protection air bags and lowered entry steps
- Integral torque box chassis with Cummins X12 455 HP engine and air ride rear suspension
- 6000 lpm (1500 gpm) pump with all electric valves and enclosed pump panels
- 1135 liter (300 gallon) water tank
- Extruded aluminum body with SideStacker® hosebed
- Enclosed storage for 120′ of ground ladders including (2) 35′ two-section ladders
- AXIS® Smart Truck Technology
“A lot of custom design work was done to create these trucks for Ottawa, including special lowered cab steps, recessed SCBA storage in the rear cab wall, a ladder tunnel to hold two 35′ two-section ladders, special narrow rear body design and a turntable mounted saw box,” said Joe Hedges, E-ONE Product Manager. “The folks from Ottawa had a vision for the truck and I’m pleased we were able to deliver these amazing aerials for their fire department.”
Lt. Bruce Griffin of the Ottawa Fire Department said his crews were super excited to receive the new apparatus. “These new aerials have many innovations that the E-ONE engineering team and our dealer worked hard to make happen for us. Every single thing we asked for, E-ONE provided. If it wasn’t a standard, they engineered it for us.”
For more on the E-ONE HR 100, go to e-one-aerials.com
E-ONE is a worldwide designer and manufacturer of fire trucks with more than 28,000 vehicles in operation around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies and exceeding customer expectations. E-ONE is owned by the REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services serving fire and emergency, recreational vehicle, commercial bus and mobility markets worldwide. Learn more at revgroup.com.
About REV Group, Inc.
REV Group (REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. We serve a diversified customer base, primarily in the United States, through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. We provide customized vehicle solutions for applications including essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles and ‘RVs’). Our diverse portfolio is made up of well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within their industry. Several of our brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years. REV Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol REVG. Investors-REVG