KME, a subsidiary of REV Group® and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, will display the latest in fire apparatus and technology including the first North American-style fully electric fire truck at FDIC International (Fire Department Instructors Conference) in Indianapolis, Indiana from April 28-30, 2022.
REV Fire Group’s Vector™ will make its debut at FDIC, giving attendees the opportunity to be among the first to see and learn about the first North American-style fully electric fire truck. Developed with technology partner Emergency One Group LTD – maker of the world’s first electric fire truck – Vector packs 316 kW of proven automotive-grade batteries, delivering the longest electric pumping duration in the industry. This enables fire departments to drive and pump on electric only.
KME’s Booth #4500 will show five unique vehicles to meet multiple fire service needs. These include:
- 103-foot Tuff Truck™ from Pine Ridge Fire and Rescue, SC: Built on a KME SSX™ chassis, this rig features a 650-gallon water tank a 1750 GPM pump, and KME’s EZ-MRS™ to help facilitate maintenance and keep the AerialCat™ Steel-Safe™ ladder in optimal condition.
- Heavy Walk-In Rescue from West Haverstraw Fire Department, NY: This truck has a four (4) compartment walk-in rescue body, crew seating for 8, an 8” front bumper extension and dual cribbing compartments under the body.
- Tractor-Drawn AerialCat with Steel-Safe technology from Summerville Fire Department, SC: This 101-foot TDA is built on a SSX chassis and features a pre-piped waterway, a -14’ outrigger stance, and 90-degree jack knife capability.
- 102’ Mid-Mount Platform from East Pennsboro Township Fire Department, PA: The spacious platform offers 22.8 cubic feet of space for four firefighters and equipment as well as a state-of-the-art motion control system with 10” display at the control console.
- Custom 4X4 Pumper from San Bernardino County Fire Department, CA: This truck features the SSX chassis with 10” raised roof, a Zico single arm ladder rack, 1500 GPM pump, 500-gallon water tank with 30-gallon foam cell and FoamPro foam system.\
KME will also be part of REV Fire Group’s World of Innovation and Protection at Booth #4516, featuring some of the latest technological advancements for the fire service, including
- GE DisinFx: Utilizes UVC and UVA technology to help reduce viruses in air and bacteria and fungus on surfaces including SARS-CoV-2 which causes COVID-19. The small device can be easily installed into the cab headliner. Its white and red LED lights exceed NFPA surface illumination requirements providing the necessary cab interior lighting.
- ECO IDLE-TEC™: The idle reduction system, specifically designed for fire apparatus, serves to reduce operating costs, and help to protect the environment and improve driver safety and comfort.
- Active Air Purification System: Kills 99 percent of pathogens, including the virus which causes COVID-19, in the air and on surfaces.
“We’ve got a great selection of apparatus that will be on display, each showcasing KME’s custom configurations based on the fire department’s specific requirements,” said Kent Tyler, President of REV Fire Group. “We are excited about seeing our customers face-to-face in Indianapolis and talking about the latest in fire apparatus and technology.”
About Kovatch Mobile Equipment Corp.
KME®, a subsidiary of REV Group, engineers, and custom manufactures a full range of fire apparatus for municipal, federal, an wildland/urban interface markets. Additional information on KME can be found at kmefire.com.
About REV Group, Inc.
REV Group® companies are leading designers and manufacturers of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services, which serve a diversified customer base, primarily in the United States, through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial, and Recreation. They provide customized vehicle solutions for applications, including essential needs for public services (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, and transit buses), commercial infrastructure (terminal trucks and industrial sweepers), and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles). REV Group’s diverse portfolio is made up of well-established principal vehicle brands, including many of the most recognizable names within their industry. Several of REV Group’s brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years. REV Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol REVG. Investors-REVG